Frog Grog Slot Machine
In the Frog Grog slot machine from Thunderkick, we find ourselves at the side of a steaming cauldron placed in front of a well-stocked shelving unit full of ingredients. These additions to the beastly brew under construction are the slot machine’s symbols. The first impressions of the game are strong. The artwork has been tastefully delivered and it’s immediately clear that we’re going to be up to some hocus pocus!
In terms of gameplay specifics, the action unfolds across a five by three grid. There is a total of 23 win lines for players to match the magic ingredients along. There are also some rather interesting bonus features too but we’ll get onto those shortly!
Play Frog Grog Slot FreeFrog Grog Slot Preview
Rate this game: (702 Votes)
Frog Grog Review
|Our Rating:||3 / 5|
- Fantastic artwork and animative touches. We particularly enjoyed the belching “Wild” Frog who can torch entire lines of symbols! Imagery certainly is one of Frog Grog’s strong points.
- Reasonable collection of bonus features. They’re certainly not as extravagant as you’d find on some titles, but side games aren’t usually one of Thunderkick’s strong points. This makes Frog Grog standout amongst their other titles.
- Tragically low main game prizes. It’s possible to spin in a five-figure prize on slots from other developers. This makes Frog Grog’s 10x the total bet seem miniscule!
- Players not given many options to adjust bet amounts or distribution. This is common on all Thunderkick’s slot we’ve seen to date. It’s not a major drawback though.
The top jackpots on the Frog Grog slot machine are awarded for matching five of the higher value symbols down a single win line. These symbols have been inspired by the world of witchcraft and wizardry and are the kind of items you’d expect to see a sorcerer throwing into a bubbling cauldron. As usual, we’ve listed the prizes for hitting five-of-a-kind of each below:
- Butterfly = 10x the total bet.
- Flower = 6x the total bet.
- Red potion = 3.5x the total bet.
- Purple potion = 3x the total bet.
- Green potion = 2.5x the total bet.
- Blue potion = 2x the total bet.
Since there are only these six symbols, plus the “Wild” Frog, there seems little point in differentiating them between higher value and lower value ones as we usually do.
When players spin in a winning combination, those symbols comprising it will disappear and be replaced with new ones. This creates opportunities for other wins and can lead to some epic runs off a single bet!
The multiplier featured to the left of the reels will increase one step each time new symbols are dropped onto the reels. The maximum is a rather generous 7x.
Players should also note: following the conclusion of the Mystery Game, the multiplier will increase one step for every win awarded during the special feature.
The “Wild” Frog
The “Wild” Frog symbols substitutes for any other symbol. After presenting all pay line wins, the frog will remove all symbols on the same row and column (except other “Wild” Frogs). It will then remain in that position for the rest of the game round or until it forms part of a pay line win.
Frog Grog’s Mystery Game can be triggered randomly when no new dropping symbols can occur. The Mystery Game removes all symbols except the Moth, the Flower, and the Frog. Symbols removed award wins according to the pay table, up to a symbol count of five.
Unlike many of its peers, the Frog Grog slot machine does not give players a huge amount of scope to change either the distribution of bets or the amount wagered. Whereas lots of video slots these days allow the adjustment of the number of win lines played, as well as the figure bet on each one, Frog Grog instead simply presents a total of 12 different total bet amounts.
These range from a low of just 10p, up to a maximum betting limit of £100. We think you’ll agree that this will satisfy all but the biggest spenders on slot machines!
All told, Frog Grog is a pretty solid offering. The game has some nice special features – such as the dropping symbols combined with the rather generous multiplier. The artwork, soundtrack, and animation are also great, which helps to create a strong feel that is appropriate for the theme of witchcraft.
That said, the game isn’t perfect. We struggle to enjoy games with such small main game prizes. Even the very highest jackpot is a rather uninspiring 10x the total bet. Compare this to the slots