Treasures of the Lamps Slot Machine
We’re out in some ancient desert kingdom in Treasures of the Lamps hunting for treasure – just don’t tell Walt Disney or Playtech might end up in some hot water legally…
As you might have guessed from the title, Playtech have shamelessly ripped off the animated classic Aladdin on this slot machine. They’re not the only slot designers to do this previously though. So, how does this take on the tried and tested theme stand up next to the others? Let’s find out.
Play Treasures of the Lamps Slot FreeTreasures of the Lamps Slot Preview
Rate this game: (535 Votes)
Treasures of the Lamps Review
|Our Rating:||4 / 5|
- Great bonus features. We love the different combinations of special game modes Playtech created for Treasures of the Lamps.
- Juicy main game prizes. Dropping serious cash from a single spin is always nice!
- Tired theme. There are loads of slots based loosely on the Disney movie Aladdin. The weak effort to “sex up” the theme with female genies by Playtech does little to make the title stand out.
The top jackpots on the Treasures of the Lamps slot are each awarded for matching five of the same high value symbols along one of the game’s 20 win lines. These symbols are represented by three genies and various other items that are as close to those found in a certain animated movie as possible, without Playtech being sued by Disney.
Anyway, we’ve listed the prizes for each five-of-a-kind winning combination below:
- “Wild” Lamp = 5,000x the line bet.
- Red Genie = 1,000x the line bet.
- Yellow Genie = 700x the line bet.
- Green Genie = 500x the line bet.
- Horse =250x the line bet.
- Palace = 200x the line bet.
- Sword = 175x the line bet.
- Treasures = 175x the line bet.
The Magic Lamp
The Magic Lamp feature can summon one of the game’s three genies on any single spin. These scantily clad spirits will grant players with one wish. We’ve detailed these below:
- Gloria (green genie) = Gloria summons spreading “wild” symbols that cover adjacent reel positions.
- Ruby (red genie) = Ruby triggers re-spins until the player wins. During these re-spins, any “wild” symbols will remain locked to the reels.
- Audrey (yellow genie) = Audrey will add up to five extra “wild” symbols in any location.
If players are fortunate enough to land “scatter” symbols on reels one, three, and five simultaneously, they will trigger the feature “scatter” mode.
Each “scatter” symbol has a different power and will land on a different reel.
Reel one “scatters” award a number of Free Games or Bonus Picks.
Reel three “scatters” award a win multiplier for the feature.
Reel five “scatters” determine whether players receive Free Games or the Stargazer Bonus.
The maximum number of free games awarded to players is 30 and these can be equipped with up to a juicy 5x multiplier. It’s hard to imagine not dropping a decent prize with all those free extra chances to win.
During this mode, the Magic Lamp can summon a genie on any spin.
Players are given the opportunity to pick up to 30 stars for cash prizes. These can be subject to a 5x multiplier too. Every star picked will award a cash prize. These can form a colossal cash prize constellation too!
During the Stargazer Bonus, any star picked can summon a genie. These have slightly different powers during this feature:
- Ruby awards a cash prize and extra picks.
- Audrey automatically awards several cash prizes.
- Gloria increases the size of the star cash prize.
In addition to the higher value symbols on the Treasures of the Lamps slot machine, there are also those that don’t award quite such handsome prizes.
The number of win lines is fixed at 20 on the Treasures of the Lamps slot. This means players are only able to alter the total bet amount. Here, the minimum is just 20p – the same as betting 1p on each of the 20 win lines. Meanwhile, the maximum is £200. This is like betting £10 on each of the win lines.
Whilst this upper betting limit is certainly not the largest we’ve ever encountered, it is more than enough to satisfy all but the very highest rollers around. It’s rare to find a player who wants to bet more than £200 on each spin anyway.
Treasures of the Lamps is a decent enough game. It’s not much to look at since the artwork is fairly generic, and the theme isn’t very imaginative either. Playtech have attempted to get around this fact by including scantily clad representations of female genies. For some, this will probably enhance the game. However, others might find the needless skin on display a little crass.
From what we’ve said so far, you would be forgiven for thinking that we didn’t like Treasures of the Lamps. That’s not the case though. The title is strong in the feature department and offers players some juicy top prizes. For these reasons, we can look past the lazy theme and enjoy playing this not-so-subtle take on a Disney classic.