Queen of Wands Slot Machine
The Queen of Wands slot from Playtech is a visually striking game. Symbols have a mystical appearance and are set on a dark, intriguing backdrop. It’s a nicely designed title with four rows, five reels, and up to forty win lines making up the gameboard itself.
Whilst it might not be the most feature-packed title out there, it’s stylish good looks and simplistic gameplay should appeal to fans of a more basic slot machine experience. In addition, with its staggeringly high maximum betting option, Queen of Wands is the perfect machine for the highest rollers looking for a machine with a decent return to player rating.
Play Queen of Wands FreeQueen of Wands Preview
Rate this game: (359 Votes)
Queen of Wands Review
|Our Rating:||3.5 / 5|
- Visually very appealing. The Queen of Wands slot machine has a great look, and the symbols, background and colour scheme come together to give the game a strong feel.
- Perfect for high rollers. Being able to bet up to £2,000 per spin isn’t all that common in slot machines online. This one is great for those who want to really splash the cash.
- High return to player rating. With an RTP of over 96% Queen of Wands is one of the more lucrative machines out there today.
- Not so many features. Sure, there is a free spin mode and stacked wilds but in 2017 this is kind of the bare minimum we expect from a modern video slot machine.
- The prizes aren’t as large as we’ve come to expect from similar titles. The maximum main game jackpot is just 1,000x the line bet, and when compared with some of the fix-figure wins from other machines, this seems woefully small.
The highest value symbols in Queen of Wands are all inspired by nature, and magic. There is the queen herself, a mystical goblet, and a tree, crashing wave and stylised sun. Hitting five-of-a-kind of any of these higher value symbols will pay the following:
- Queen (wild symbol) = 1,000x the line bet.
- Goblet = 400x the line bet.
- Tree, wave, or sun = 250x the line bet.
Queen of Wands isn’t particularly strong on the feature-front. It does offer a free game mode but in terms of additional bonuses there are none. This is a shame considering the striking visage of the machine itself. With some better bonuses, this title could be a real favourite.
Hitting three Queen of Wands scatter symbols on the game board will trigger an eight free game bonus. These symbols only appear on the middle three reels. During the spins, additional wild symbols will appear on the reels. What’s more, landing three more Queen of Wands symbols during the round will award eight more games. This dynamic can occur indefinitely too.
The queen herself represents the wild symbol on this slot machine. During both the regular game, and free spins she appears stacked and can cover between one, and four rows. Land a stack of royalty in the right spot and this can be a lucrative feature indeed.
As with many online video slots these days, the lower value symbols are all represented by the upper end of a standard deck of playing cards (A, K, Q, J, 10, 9). Hitting five-of-a-kind of any of these will award the following:
- Ace, King, Queen, or Jack = 150x the line bet.
- 10, or 9 = 100x the line bet.
Players can vary their bets up considerably on the Queen of Wands slot machine. They can adjust the number of lines bet on (between one and 40) and the amount bet per line (between 1p and £50). This allows for a huge level of variation between potential wagering sizes. The highest possible bet – forty lines and £50 bet per line – is an impressive £2,000. Meanwhile, the lowest is just a single penny – one win line with 1p bet per line.
What We Think
The Queen of Wands slot is good but not great. It’s beautifully styled, and caters for the highest rollers around but it falls short in a few of the most important areas. The game suffers from a lack of bonus features and the size of the main game prizes don’t really make up for it. The inclusion of at least one creative side game would likely send this right to the top of list of all-time favourites but without it, Queen of Wands suffers in terms of replay value.