Neptune’s Kingdom Slot Machine
Neptune’s Kingdom from Playtech is a classically designed machine that forgoes any effort at innovation. It offers no bonus stages, and no special features. What’s more, the artwork isn’t even particularly creative. In terms of specifics, the game is a three-row, three-reel layout with just five potential win lines. Reviewing such a basic machine is tough, but here goes…
Play Neptune’s Kingdom FreeNeptune’s Kingdom Preview
Rate this game: (354 Votes)
Neptune’s Kingdom Review
|Theme:||Under the sea|
|Our Rating:||1 / 5|
- High return to player rating of over 97%.
- There really isn’t a lot else to like about this game.
- Low prizes.
- Lack of bonuses.
- Poor artwork.
- Overly simplistic for 1987, let alone 2017.
The highest prizes in the Neptune’s Kingdom slot machine are awarded for hitting three-of-a-kind treasure chests. The only unusual thing about the whole game is the fact that each win line pays a different prize for landing nothing but chests across it. They are as follows:
- Win line one pays 100x the coin value.
- Win line two pays 110x the coin value.
- Win line three pays 120x the coin value.
- Win line four pays 130x the coin value.
- Win line five pays 150x the coin value.
As stated, there are no special features in Neptune’s Kingdom. There are no free spin rounds, and no “pick a box” bonuses. All told, it’s rather uninspiring.
The game’s regular symbols are all inspired by the briny deep. Owing to the size of the grid itself, the maximum possible winning combination is three of the symbol. Hitting three-of-a-kind of each pays as follows:
- Mermaids = 50x the coin value.
- Tridents = 40x the coin value.
- Blue fish = 30x the coin value.
- Lobsters = 25x the coin value.
- Orange and white fish = 20x the coin value.
It’s possible to adjust the number of lines played and the value of each coin bet per line on Neptune’s Kingdom. Players can choose between one and five lines, and between 1p and £5 per line.
This makes the highest possible bet £25 per spin, and the lowest just 1p.
What We Think
In case you couldn’t tell, we’re not very impressed with this offering from Playtech. When positioned next to almost any other online fruit machine, it looks incredibly uninspired.
Those who enjoy the absolute simplest slot experience might like it. However, it’s hard to imagine someone who has played any video slot in the last ten years thinking that this one is anything but a very outdated game that offers little excitement outside the pure thrill of just gambling.