Jungle Trouble Slot Machine
Trek deep into the heart of the rainforest on the Jungle Trouble slot from Playtech. This beautifully designed, modern machine from one of the world’s premier producers is as innovative as it is attractive. There’s all kinds of great features that when combined with the pleasant art style, and intuitive gameplay make this slot a real treat for newcomers and aficionados alike.
It’s a five reel, three row slot machine with a fixed fifteen pay lines. The lack of variable pay lines does mean that players are somewhat limited when it comes to placing their bets but it is necessary for one of the machine’s best features to work.
Play Jungle Trouble FreeJungle Trouble Preview
Rate this game: (682 Votes)
Jungle Trouble Review
|Our Rating:||4.5 / 5|
- Pleasing design, with bright colours, and nicely illustrated symbols.
- Multiple great bonus features.
- Huge return to player rating.
- Lack of variation when it comes to placing bets.
- Base prices for symbols are low compared with other machines. Playtech make up for this with plenty of opportunities for big multipliers, however.
The highest value symbols for Jungle Trouble are all creatures from the rainforest itself. There’s a lion, an elephant, a crocodile, a parrot, and a frog. Five-of-a-kind of each of these symbols will pay as follows:
- Lion = 1,000x the line bet.
- Elephant = 750x the line bet.
- Crocodile = 500x the line bet.
- Parrot = 300x the line bet.
- Frog = 200x the line bet.
Jungle Boogie has a great look and feel to it but where it really excels is in the bonus features. There’s several to talk about too.
Landing the coconut “scatter” symbol on reels 2, 3, or 4 will trigger a multiplier. Whichever reel your coconut lands on, the bonus is added to that reel. They are applied to prizes whenever the jungle child “wild” symbol lands on a reel with a multiplier, and it forms a win.
In addition, every time a new scatter symbol lands on a reel, the multiplier will increase up to an impressive 5x. After you claim one, it is removed from the reel.
Bonus Game & Free Spins
The Age of the Gods bonus game is triggered by the appearance of three ‘Age of the Gods’ scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. In the bonus game players must pick from 20 icons in order to try and reveal three matching god or goddess symbols.
If they are successful, nine free spins are triggered and those spins will have different special features dependent upon which god or goddess’s symbol triggered them.
Free spin feature
As well to the frankly wonderful coconut multiplier bonuses constantly appearing during the base game, there is also a free spin feature. This is activated when a player lands either three, four, or five scatter symbols across any reels. The more scatters that are present, the more free spins are received. Players can win either 10, 15, or 30 bonus games.
That’s not all though. Players entering the free spin feature must first select the type of free spins they want. There are three to choose from:
- Multiplier free games – During multiplier free games, players must collect scatter symbols for coconut multipliers. The difference in the free spins is the higher value prizes available. Multipliers can reach a massive 10x. Players should beware, however. This game is high volatility, and can just as easily pay nothing as it can big money.
- High win free games – in this mode only high win symbols, wilds and scatters will appear on the reels, making for a much greater chance of a massive win. This game is considered by the producer as a medium volatility one.
- Nudging wild free games – here, landed wilds nudge down on every spin. Remaining Free Games are locked when wilds are on the reels. This game is a low volatility, meaning you’re likely to walk away with some additional cash, just don’t expect it to be a huge amount.
What’s more, during this mode players can trigger additional free spins indefinitely by landing two or more scatters on the reels again.
In addition to the larger pay outs already mentioned, there are a few lesser prize icons in Jungle Trouble. These are represented by the top end of a standard deck of playing cards (A, K, Q, J, 10). The prizes for each are as follows:
- Ace = 125x the line bet.
- King = 100x the line bet.
- Queen = 75x the line bet.
- Jack = 60x the line bet.
- 10 = 50x the line bet.
As mentioned, there’s not a whole lot of options for players to spread their bets around on Jungle Trouble. Some might not like not being able to vary the size of each coin used, or to alter the number of win lines available per spin. The only option players have to change the size of the bet is to directly alter the figure waged per line. The maximum here is £90 and the minimum 15p.
What We Think
Despite its small shortcomings when it comes to mixing up bets, the Jungle Trouble slot is a great game. It’s feature-rich, and well styled. This results in a game that looks and feels unique, with a high level of replay value and a lot of variety.