Gem Heat Slot Machine
The Gem Heat slot from game design industry giants Playtech is yet another classic fruit machine themed title. The imagery used throughout is common in games found at the earliest brick-and-mortar gambling venues – Lucky Sevens, Bars, Dollar signs, etc.
Playtech have added a couple of more modern features to the game to tailor it more towards the modern, online player. But, does it work at breathing life into a rather tired variety of slot machine? Is Gem Heat as hot as it claims to be? Let’s find out!
Play Gem Heat Slot FreeGem Heat Slot Preview
Rate this game: (384 Votes)
Gem Heat Review
|Theme:||Classic Casino Gaming|
|Max Win:||2,500x line bet|
|Our Rating:||2.5 / 5|
- Sizeable main game prizes. We like being able to drop real money during the base game and the highest jackpot of 2,500x the line bet certainly excites us.
- Good upper betting limit. High rolling fans of simplistic slots will likely enjoy Gem Heat. This can be further increased with one of the special features making each spin a dizzying £20,000!
- Unimaginative theme. Classic casino-themed slot machines aren’t always dull but this one brings little to the table to make it stand out from a huge crowd of similarly mundane offerings.
- Lack of special features. Yes, there is a Free Spins mode, but this is pretty much standard issue these days. The slot’s only other real feature requires players spend extra money to activate it.
The top jackpots on Gem Heat are all awarded for matching five-of-a-kind of one of the higher value symbols along one of the 10 fixed win lines. As mentioned, the symbols themselves have been inspired by classic casino gambling. If you’ve ever played a vintage fruit machine or seen a ‘70s gambling flick, you’ll know exactly what we’re talking about.
Anyway, the prizes for matching five of the same symbols down a win line are all detailed below:
- Diamond “Wild” = 2,500x the line bet.
- Red Seven = 250x the line bet.
- Green Seven = 200x the line bet.
- Blue Seven = 150x the line bet.
- Bullion, Dollar Sign, or Horseshoe = 100x the line bet.
Landing the Gem Heat “Scatter” symbol anywhere on reels one, three, and five simultaneously will award players with seven free spins.
During the free spins, the Diamond “Wild” symbol remains locked to the centre position on the gameboard.
The Diamond “Wild” will also upgrade the number seven symbols to create and improve wins!
The Gem Heat slot machine offers players a special Hi Roller mode. Fire it up to receive five spins with the Diamond “Wilds” spinning on the reels.
Just like in the main game, the Diamond “Wild” symbol will upgrade all Sevens to create and improve wins.
Electing to bet 10x the total bet will make Diamond “Wilds” land on reel three. Meanwhile, betting 20x the total bet amount will make Diamond “Wilds” land on reels two, three, and four.
The highest value symbols, the Sevens, can all appear as stacks that are two rows tall. This dramatically increases the likelihood of winning a prize.
In addition to the higher value symbols there are also those that award lesser prizes. In keeping with the theme of classic casino gambling, these symbols are represented by the common “Bar” icon. There are three levels of regular symbols that are detailed below:
- Bar x3 = 75x the line bet.
- Bar x2 = 50x the line bet.
- Bar x1 = 25x the line bet.
The number of win lines is fixed on Gem Heat at 10. Players are therefore only able to adjust the total bet amount. Here, the lowest figure is just 10p and the highest is an impressive £1,000.
This upper betting limit makes the slot well-suited for those who want to bet serious money – something that not all machines cater for.
Truth be told, the Gem Heat slot is something of a let-down. To impress us these days with a slot that borrows so heavily from classic casino convention is tough and frankly, this one offers little that excites us.
The Free Spin mode is a nice addition to the game but a rather standard one. Then there is the inclusion of the “Hi Roller” mode. This can make each bet a staggering £20,000, which is probably the game’s only saving grace. Those commanding the largest bankrolls can take the action right up to the nose-bleed-stakes level. For everyone else, however, the game is just more than a little lacking.