Da Vinci's Vault Slot Machine
Playtech have created a cracker with Da Vinci’s Vault. It has great character from the off, with its fantastic art style and eerie soundtrack giving it a mysterious feel. During the main game, some massive prizes can be won too. Unfortunately, the game does feel old rather fast as it lacks variety in its features. The hi-roller mode is a nice addition, however.
Play Da Vinci's Vault Slot FreeDa Vinci's Vault Slot Preview
Rate this game: (450 Votes)
Da Vinci's Vault Review
|Theme:||Leonardo Da Vinci|
|Our Rating:||3 / 5|
- Brilliantly atmospheric. The art style and symbol design complement each other to give a game with a great look and feel.
- Monstrous main game prizes. There are multiple ways to win four digit prizes on Da Vinci’s Vault.
- Innovative game features. They’re not free but they do make the action more exciting.
- Unless you’re playing the hi-roller game constantly, it might get dull quickly.
- The maximum bet per spin is somewhat low. It’s possible to up it using the hi-roller mode but it’s unclear how your return-to-player rating will be affected by doing so.
The top jackpots are awarded for matching five of the higher value symbols along a pay line. These symbols are inspired by the art and inventions of Leonardo Da Vinci and have been beautifully illustrated. The pay outs for each are as follows:
- “Wild” Crest = 10,000x the line bet.
- Mona Lisa = 10,000x the line bet.
- Vitruvian Man = 4,000x the line bet.
- Flying machine, or Goblet = 1,500x the line bet.
- “Scatter” Symbol = 1,000x the line bet.
Infinite Free Spins
Landing three scrolls anywhere on the reels will trigger the free spins mode. These are infinite. During the game, there is an extra symbol added to the reels. The skull landing on the centre reel will turn the position it landed in “wild”. However, landing three skulls will end the bonus stage.
At any point during the game, players can enter the hi-roller game. Here, they must buy five hi-roller spins at a cost of 10x the total bet. During this game mode, player must collect different coloured crests to unlock the vault wheel.
The gold wheel awards players a cash prize, free spins, or access to the inner gold wheel. This wheel awards even larger cash prizes or more free spins. The silver wheel awards cash prizes or free spins. Finally, the bronze wheel awards cash prizes.
In addition to the game’s higher value symbols, there are also those that pay lesser amounts. As is common on online video slot machines, they’ve been taken from the upper end of a standard deck of playing cards (A, K, Q, J, 10). Like their more highly-prized counterparts, they’ve been tastefully illustrated and help to add a sense of mystery to the game’s atmosphere. We’ve listed the prizes for hitting five-of-a-kind of each below:
- Ace, or King = 300x the line bet.
- Queen, Jack, or 10 = 200x the line bet.
The number of win lines is fixed on Da Vinci’s Vault. Players are therefore only able to adjust the total bet. The minimum is 20p and the maximum is a rather underwhelming £100. Unfortunately, this low betting limit will discourage some of the highest rollers from playing the title.
However, at this maximum, each hi-roller round is a much larger £1,000 per five spins. This makes it somewhat better for those wishing to seriously splash their cash. As mentioned, however, it’s unclear how using the hi-roller mode will affect the return-to-player figure.
If you love slot machines with top-heavy prizes and bags of character, Da Vinci’s Vault might be just the game for you. There are multiple symbols that will award huge prizes for matching five-of-a-kind and the vault itself can be lucrative too. However, when it comes down to it, the gameplay is somewhat lacking. The free spins mode has a novel twist but it’s highly unlikely you’ll actually have a huge run of free spins. The hi-roller mode does add an additional layer of drama to the game but this too is short-lived.