Cowboys and Aliens Slot Machine
The Cowboys and Aliens slot is based on the comic book of the same name. Of course, there was also a movie made after the comic, back in 2011. While Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford may have carried the movie, it was still pretty mediocre otherwise. At least from the critics’ standpoint. But we’re not here to review comics or movies – so let’s see if the slot game holds up to its wacky name.
Play Cowboys and Aliens FreeCowboys and Aliens Preview
Rate this game: (378 Votes)
Cowboys and Aliens Review
|Scatter:||Cowboys & Aliens logo|
|Our Rating:||4.4 / 5|
- Nice comic-book style visuals;
- Awesome game track with a futuristic western feel to it;
- Interesting Alien Weapon feature that awards up to 4 Wild symbols on reels 2 through 5;
- Fun Alien Attack Bonus game that adds a little bit more interaction with the slot than other games in this category;
- Only 9 paylines on a 5 reel slot will not be to the liking of many players;
- No progressive Jackpot, though standard one more than makes up for it;
- Alien Attack Bonus game animations are clunky at times, and the visuals aren’t up to standard;
Top Jackpots & Other Bonus Features
The Cowboys and Aliens slot doesn’t feature a progressive Jackpot. But, as mentioned above, the standard Jackpot of 10,000 coins is fantastic for a game with only 9 paylines. What really makes this game interesting are the exciting bonuses and features that can be activated. Here are the symbols that trigger them, and a bit of info about each:
- Alien Weapon – This symbol can appear on the first reel only. When it does, a random number from 1 to 4 is selected, and the weapon randomly shoots symbols on reels 2 through 5. Those become Wild symbols and award you with a massive win.
- Alien Bonus – This symbol can appear on reels 1 and 5. When they appear on both at the same time, the Alien Attack Bonus game is activated. You can choose to play with Zeke, Verity, or the Indian Warrior. Each of them has a different weapon with various levels of accuracy and ammo. You shoot, whip, or poke the alien ships with arrows for three waves for some big wins.
- Cowboys and Aliens Scatter – By landing three of these symbols anywhere, you activate 8 free spins. The interesting aspect is that each spin a random comic strip rectangle will appear on the reels. Its size ranges from 2 to 6 squares, and each of those squares will act as a Wild.
The comic strips are beautifully animated. What you should note is that you can’t trigger any other bonuses during the free spins.
Cowboys and Aliens Slot – Regular Symbols
Can’t have a Playtech slot without getting your dose of Poker Card symbols. Cowboys and Aliens slot is no different, so expect to see 10s, Js, Qs, Ks, and Aces among all the others. Naturally, they’re less valuable than the rest.
The main heroes of Cowboys and Aliens are present as regular symbols. Zeke (the cowboy) is the most valuable at a max 1000 coin win, while Verity (the cowgirl) can rack up to 750 coins. There’s also the Preacher and Indian Warrior symbols which are worth only up to 250.
And, since this is not “Cowboys and Indians” – we have an Alien symbol as well, worth up to 500 coins. The rest of the symbols (Alien Attack Bonus, Wild, Scatter, and Alien Weapon) have already been discussed above. No use repeating what has already been said. Maybe just a reminder that 5 Wild symbols in a row win you 10,000 coins.
If you like your steaks well done but your stakes to be high, you’ll like the Cowboys and Aliens slot. A betting coin can reach up to $100, so the maximum bet per spin is $900. Even so, the minimum coin value is $0.01 – casual players will not feel left out of the fray. The max bet may not seem that high, but remember that the top Jackpot is 10,000 coins.
What We Think
Quite simply, the Cowboys and Aliens slot exceeds all expectations when it comes to games of this category. The visuals and music are high quality and really get you in the mood. The Jackpot is high, and the bonus games are exceptionally made.
We can even overlook the fact that it only has 9 paylines. With so many bonuses ready to rear their head at any occasion, you don’t even need that many to stack up a nice wad of cash. If only that Alien Attack Bonus game had been a little better animated. Oh well, we can’t be picky – it’s not a AAA game title, after all.