Visa cards are one of the most popular deposit methods at any online gambling site and you’ll be pleased to hear that there are a good selection of casinos which take visa deposits and process withdrawals using the same method.
Take a look at the best Visa casino sites, as recommended by us, and ranked by their score review rating and the bonus available for new customers.
Best Visa Casino Sites
|Casino||Rating||Bonus||Free Spins||Get Bonus|
Wager £10 get £50
200% up to £200
100% up to £300
£88 Free No Deposit
How To Deposit & Withdraw
As you can see there’s a really good selection of online casino options for Visa card users . The exact process of depositing and withdrawing from them differs very slightly from one casino to another but the following is a good, general step-by-step explanation.
- Log in to your account.
- Click ‘Deposit’ if it appears at the top of the site once you’re logged in, or find it and click it within the ‘My Account’ menu.
- Select either ‘Visa Debit’, ‘Visa Credit’, ‘Debit Card’ or ‘Credit Card’ as your deposit method, depending upon the card you wish to use and the exact options your chosen site offers.
- You will then need to enter your card number, the card’s expiry date and the CVV number. That is the final three digits printed on the signature strip at the reverse of the card.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit into the field provided and click ‘Deposit’, ‘Confirm’ or whatever your particular online casino names the button to complete the deposit process.
- Your funds will then immediately appear in your online casino account, whether you have used either a Visa debit or credit card.
If any casino site takes Visa deposits then they’ll also process withdrawals. The general process for making such withdrawals differs little from the following:
- Log in to your chosen gaming account.
- Select the ‘Withdrawal’ options either from the ever-present menu at the top of the site or from the ‘My Account’ section which should always be accessible from that menu.
- Choose ‘Visa Credit’, ‘Visa Debit’, ‘Credit Card’ or ‘Debit Card’ from the available withdrawal method options.
- If you’re withdrawing to a card you’ve previously deposited with, you may be able to simply select the card. If you aren’t or can’t, you will need to input your card number, expiry date and CVV number when prompted.
- Type the amount you wish to withdraw into the box provided and then click the ‘Confirm’, ‘Deposit’ or similarly labelled button.
- The funds you have chosen to withdraw will immediately be removed from your online casino account but the transaction will not fully clear for somewhere between two and seven working days. During that time, many sites allow you to cancel the transaction if desired.
Fees & Charges
Generally speaking, no online gambling site charge fees for deposits or withdrawals using a Visa debit card. This is because the transactions are simple transfers of funds from a customer’s betting account to their online casino account or vice versa and require very little administration on the part of the casino.
Most major online casinos, too, no longer charge fees on Visa credit card transactions. Some of the smaller or lesser known casinos, however, do still apply such charges to Visa credit card deposits, withdrawals or both. These fees can be as much as around 5% of the transaction.
Note: none of the top casino sites we’ve listed and reviewed will charge you any fees for using your Visa card.
Type: Visa are an issuer of both credit and debit cards which can both be used for all manner of online transactions.
Address: The Metro Center, Foster City, California, United States.
Phone: +44 (0)20 7795 5777 (UK enquiries)
Owner: Publically traded company on the New York Stock Exchange
Pro’s & Con’s: Should You Use Visa For Casino Deposits?
- Every reputable and reliable online casino and betting site offers Visa cards as a payment method.
- Depositing and withdrawing using Visa cards is quick and easy.
- Generally speaking, no fees are applied to transactions using either Visa debit or credit cards.
- When depositing using either a Visa debit or credit card, funds appear in your online casino account immediately.
- Safety measures put in place both by online casinos and Visa themselves make using Visa cards one of the most secure payment methods available.
- Whether using a Visa debit or a Visa credit card, it takes a number of working days for withdrawals to fully clear and be completed.
- Depositing and withdrawing using a Visa card requires you to provide your card details to an online casino, which creates the very slight risk of those details being compromised.
- The name of your online casino or betting provider will appear on your bank statement or credit card bill when using a Visa card to deposit funds.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Withdrawal Times Like?
Whether withdrawing to a Visa debit or a Visa credit card, actually authorising the withdrawal takes no more than a couple of minutes. There is, however, always a further period between the transaction being confirmed and the funds actually clearing in your bank account or on your credit card balance. That period general lasts somewhere between two and seven working days.
How Safe is This Method?
When using a Visa card to deposit to or withdraw from an online casino, you do have to trust that casino with your card details. That opens up the very slight possibility of those details being stolen or otherwise compromised and it is for that reason that some people don’t favour Visa card transactions.
In truth, however, there are a great many ways in which Visa transactions are protected against such unpleasant possibilities. All online casinos utilise SSL encryption to protect card details and Visa themselves operate a Verified by Visa procedure to further combat fraudulent or suspect activity.
Can Visa be Trusted?
The answer to this question is quite simply yes. Visa are one of the largest and most trustworthy financial institutions in the world and their credit and debit card offerings are peerlessly respected by merchants and cardholders alike.
Are There Any Similar but Better Options?
Alongside Visa, the other major companies who offer credit and debit cards through banks, building societies and financial institutions are MasterCard and American Express. The process of depositing and withdrawing, time limits and fees associated with those cards are almost identical across the board to those in evidence for Visa cards.
In the case of MasterCard, too, the ubiquity of their cards as accepted payment methods is pretty much on a par with Visa. When it comes to American Express, however, there are slightly fewer online casinos and betting sites which do accept their cards.