Skrill, formerly known as Moneybookers, is one of the most popular e-wallet solutions. You’ll be pleased to know there are plenty of casino sites that accept Skrill and we’ve listed the best below.
Star ratings are based on our comprehensive casino reviews which focus on selection of games, fairness, new customer offers and on going promotions.
Best Skrill Casino Sites
200% up to £200
Deposit £10 get £50
100% up to £300
£88 Free No Deposit
100% up to £500
Spend £10 get 50 free spins
How To Deposit & Withdraw
The process of depositing to or withdrawing from an online casino with Skrill is really simple and, regardless of the particular site you deposit to, involves a sequence of steps very similar to the following:
- Log in to the casino or betting site you want to deposit funds to.
- Select ‘Deposit’ if it is immediately available as an option after logging in or find the ‘Deposit’ option within the ‘My Account’ area of the site.
- Choose ‘E-Wallets’ from the list of available payment methods which you will then be presented with. Then select ‘Skrill’ from the subsequent list or menu of alternatives.
- Provide the amount you desire to deposit and the email address linked to your Skrill account when prompted.
- Complete the transaction simply by logging into your Skrill account when requested.
- Your chosen amount of funds will then be instantly transferred from Skrill to your online gambling account.
The process of withdrawing to Skrill from your account is also quick and easy, and typically follows these simple steps:
- Log in to the betting provider or online gaming site from which you wish to withdraw.
- Locate the ‘Withdrawal’ option – either at the top of the site’s home page or in your ‘My Account’ menu – and select it.
- Choose ‘Skrill’ as your chosen withdrawal method by choosing ‘E-Wallets’ from an initial menu of options and then selecting the service itself from a sub-menu.
- Input the amount you wish to withdraw in the field provided and enter the email address linked to your Skrill account.
- Log in to Skrill when prompted, in order to authorise the transaction.
- Depending upon the online casino in question, your funds can take between 24 hours and ten days to fully clear back into your Skrill wallet.
Fees & Charges
WE might have only listed the top Skrill casino sites but you’ll be pleased to know that even the worst won’t charge fees for Skrill deposits or withdrawals.
The payment service itself does apply fees to certain transactions carried out by its customers and users.
When it comes to depositing funds to Skrill, doing so via bank wire transfer is free of charge but depositing via Visa or MasterCard incurs a 1.9% fee for each transaction. Using Skrill to pay online at a merchant which accepts the payment method, however, is free of charge and this includes making deposits to online casinos.
Type: Skrill is a digital wallet and payment gateway service, which allows for online purchases and money transfers to be made. The service is largely focussed upon low-cost international transactions.
Address: Skrill Ltd, Floor 27, 25 Canada Square, London, E14 5LQ, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 203 308 2519
Owner: As of 2015, Skrill has been owned by parent company Paysafe Group
Pro’s & Con’s: Should You Use Skrill For Casino Deposits?
- Skrill is accepted far and wide by online casinos as a deposit and withdrawal method.
- The actual process of depositing and withdrawing funds via Skrill is quick and easy, and deposited funds are available to play with immediately.
- Using Skrill to fund a gambling account means that you do not have to provide an online casino with any card details or other financial information.
- Generally speaking, online casinos do not apply their own fees to Skrill transactions.
- When depositing from or withdrawing to Skrill, the name of the betting site you are using will not appear on your bank statement or credit card bill.
- Funds withdrawn to a Skrill account will typically take somewhere between 24 hours and ten days to clear.
- Skrill themselves do charge various different fees for transactions involving their accounts.
- Due to previous promotion abuses, players who fund betting accounts via Skrill are widely excluded from bonuses and offers run by online casinos and betting providers.
How long does it take to withdraw?
Whilst depositing funds to an online casino via Skrill is pretty much instantaneous, withdrawals do take a little longer. The exact amount of time you will have to wait for your funds to clear back into your Skrill wallet will depend upon the particular online casino you are using. The shortest waiting period for Skrill withdrawals stands at around 24 hours but some betting sites can take as long as ten days.
What security is in place to protect my money?
Skrill is a payment method favoured by many online gamblers for whom cyber-security is a major concern. Using the digital wallet service, after all, allows players to deposit to their chosen betting site without ever having to give that site any of their card details or other financial information.
Instead, those gamblers only trust their sensitive information to Skrill itself and Skrill is a company that takes great care with the data they receive. Skrill transactions are protected by industry standard encryption and the service also provides the option for two factor authentication to offer users even greater peace of mind.
Are Skrill a trustworthy company?
A popular and reputable company, Skrill have been serving customers for 16 years and for the most part have an impressive track record for trustworthiness. Like any organisation, however, there have been a few blots on the digital payment service’s copybook.
Skrill USA, for instance, was given a less than impressive D – rating by the Better Business Bureau in 2016 as a result of a high number of customer complaints. For the most part, however, Skrill is considered to be a trustworthy and reliable organisation.
Are there any other methods I should consider?
Skrill is far from the only e-wallet service available which is widely accepted as a payment method by online casinos and betting providers. The likes of PayPal and Neteller rank as Skrill’s main rivals and can be utilised by online gamblers in very similar ways.
Each of those two similar payment services share many of the same advantages and disadvantages of Skrill but with one notable exception. That is that it is far rarer for gamblers depositing via either PayPal or Neteller to be excluded from bonuses and promotions. As such, it can be argued that either of those two similar alternatives may prove to be better options than Skrill for many gamblers.