A selection of online casinos have just started offering Boku as a brand new deposit method for customers. We don’t recommend all of them but we’ve got some safe options for you listed below.
Boku is a mobile payment platform with a difference and could potentially become really popular with online gamblers. That’s why we’ve put together this page to explain exactly how Boku works, which online casinos accept Boku and allow you to deposit using your mobile phone bill and what it’s pros and cons are as an online gambling deposit method.
Top Boku Accepted Casino Sites
|Casino||Our Rating||Bonus||Free Spins||Wagering||Claim|
100% up to £300
T&C’s apply, 18+
How To Deposit With Mobile Phone Bill
To take advantage of Boku as a deposit method, customers need simply follow the steps below. It’s important to note that you can’t withdraw using Boku so you’ll need to select a different banking option for this:
- Head to a chosen online casino which offers Boku (we recommend Casumo).
- Log in to your account and head to the ‘Deposit’ section of the site as you would to make any deposit.
- Select either ‘Boku’ or ‘Via Mobile’ from the list of payment options provided by the casino.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit and your mobile phone number, into the dialogue boxes which will appear.
- Confirm those details and you will then receive a text message to the number you’ve supplied.
- That text message will either provide a code or ask you to reply to it, in order to verify your identity.
- Once you have verified your identity, your chosen deposit amount will appear in your betting account and you’ll be ready to get playing.
- The value of your deposit will be added to your next monthly mobile phone bill or subtracted from your credit if you’re on pay as you go.
Using Neteller with Boku
As we detailed above, Boku is currently only offered as a deposit option by a comparatively small handful of online casinos (and only one we recommend). Far more casinos, however, allow customers to deposit via the e-wallet service, Neteller, and there is a way to utilise that service and Boku in combination. Neteller are one of the many financial companies with a deal in place with Boku and as such, it is possible to fund a Neteller e-wallet via Boku.
Players who want to deposit to a casino which doesn’t directly offer Boku as a deposit method, therefore, can first fund their Neteller account through the carrier billing service and then use Neteller to make their online casino deposit. Aside from the added step in the process, the main disadvantage of depositing this way is that there is a small charge applied to funding a Neteller account via Boku.
Online transactions without the need to supply credit card, debit card or bank account details.
Cost of transactions are simply added to a user’s next monthly mobile phone bill.
Transactions, be they payments or deposits to online casinos, take a matter of mere seconds.
Boku have deals and agreements in place with wide variety of online merchants and mobile phone operators
What Is Boku?
Boku is an innovative mobile payment platform which allows users to make purchases or perform other transactions without the use of a credit or debit card and without having to divulge any bank account details. Instead, Boku users can simply use their mobile phone number for online transactions and will pay for those transactions as an extra item on their monthly mobile phone bill.
That kind of mobile payment is widely known as carrier billing and is growing in popularity, especially with people who have no or limited access to banking facilities or who don’t like sharing financial details online. Boku is one of the most popular such carrier billing services in the world, and the company have agreements in place with a wide range of mobile phone operators and online merchants and casinos. That means that a customer of any of those wide array of mobile carriers and online casinos can utilise the Boku service.
How Does It Work?
Customers who do use Boku at an online casino simply have to enter their mobile phone number when prompted by the site to make a deposit. They will then pay for that transaction as part of their next monthly mobile phone bill, in the same way as they would pay for calls outside of their standard plan or for additional data used during the month.
Pro’s & Con’s
- Boku makes it possible for those without a credit/debit card or bank account to deposit to an online casino.
- Not having to divulge any sensitive information beyond your mobile number makes Boku deposits amongst the most secure and safe in cyber security terms.
- Depositing via Boku takes just a couple of minutes at an absolute maximum.
- Unlike some e-wallet services, using Boku to deposit doesn’t generally disqualify you from casino welcome promotions.
- Boku is a comparatively new deposit option, so is currently not offered by very many online casinos.
- As is the case with all transactions complete via carrier billing services, the size of online casino deposits able to be completed via Boku are quite severely limited.
- If you wish to make a withdrawal from an online casino account, you have to set up a different payment option as you cannot withdraw via Boku.
Company Timeline – The Rise of Boku
2009 – US businessmen Mark Britto, Ron Hirson and Erich Ringewald found Boku and almost immediately acquire UK companies Mobillcash and Paymo.
2012 – Boku Checkout begins to grow in popularity and the company acquire Indian firm Qubecell to extend their global reach.
2013 – Boku customers are able to stream videos, purchase video games and download music using their mobile phone, thanks to Boku’s partnership with Sony Playstation.
2015 – Boku launch their Boku Account product, which offers a different range of services to online companies and organisations.
2016 – A third Boku product, named Boku Acquire, is launched worldwide.
2017 – In one calendar year, Boku handle over $1 billion worth of transactions.
Is Withdrawal Possible Via Boku?
It is not possible to withdraw from an online casino account via Boku. The service works by adding the cost of an online casino deposit to your monthly mobile phone bill or subtracting it from your mobile phone credit. As such, there is no mechanism to make the process work in reverse. In order to withdraw, therefore, players have to set up an alternative banking option.
How Long Do Boku Deposits Take?
The entire process of making a deposit via Boku will take no more than a couple of minutes. All you need to do is to enter a deposit amount and your mobile phone number and then verify your identity via a text message. Once that’s done, the deposited funds will be available in your online casino account immediately.
Which Mobile Carriers Support Boku?
Boku have agreements in place with a wide array of mobile phone operators and carriers around the world. Those include the likes of Vodafone, T-Mobile, O2 and other similarly popular and influential carriers.
Do Boku Deposits Cost Me Anything?
The vast majority of those online casinos which offer Boku as a deposit option, do not apply any fees to such deposits. As such, your next monthly mobile phone bill will simply be increased by the exact amount you have chosen to deposit to your online casino account.
Why Isn’t Boku Available Through More Online Casinos?
Boku can only be offered as a deposit option by online casinos who have purchased Boku Checkout or otherwise have a deal in place with Boku. As Boku is a relatively new kid on the online casino deposit block, only a small handful of casinos have done so as yet. If the deposit option proves popular, however, the rest of the online casino industry is almost certain to quickly follow in the footsteps of those early adopters.
Are There Other Carrier Billing Companies?
Boku aren’t the only company offering carrier billing services but they are unquestionably one of the world’s biggest. Firms such as Fortumo and Bango also exist in the same field but have not yet moved into the realm of becoming online casino deposit methods.