Madder Scientist Slot Machine
From the creators who brought you Mad Scientist, comes Madder Scientist. We re-join our favourite science boffin down at his lab where he’s slaving away over beakers and Bunsen burners make ground-breaking discoveries.
This sequel is an altogether stronger package than its predecessor. It features slicker animation throughout, an exciting cutscene to bring players up-to-speed with the story, and many new bonus side games. BetSoft have outdone even themselves with this title. It’s very nearly flawless.
Play Madder Scientist FreeMadder Scientist Preview
Rate this game: (802 Votes)
Madder Scientist Review
|Wild:||N/A (main game)|
|Our Rating:||4.5 / 5|
- Visually and aurally very strong. BetSoft have overhauled the graphics of the original game improving them considerably. This combines with the game’s excellent and somewhat menacing soundtrack to create a title with a powerful atmosphere.
- Loads of great and innovative game features. BetSoft are known equally for their creative take on slot conventions, as well as their constant striving to bring new and exciting gameplay experiences to players.
- As with many BetSoft games, the upper betting limit is just £150. This shouldn’t be a problem for most players but there will be some out there who will find it overly limiting.
The largest pay-outs on Madder Scientist are awarded for hitting five-of-a-kind of the highest value symbols. These have been inspired by items and people from the scientist’s laboratory. Hitting five matching symbols across a win line will pay as follows:
- Madder scientist, or secretary = 500x the line bet.
- Rabbit = 400x the line bet.
- Tesla coil = 300x the line bet.
- Microscope = 200x the line bet.
Beaker “Click Me”
Landing three beaker symbols anywhere on reels one, three, and five simultaneously will trigger the “click me” feature. Players must select a beaker to expose various prizes. They can continue making choices until the word “collect” is exposed.
Landing three switch symbols scattered anywhere across the reels will trigger the “wild” switches bonus. During this feature, one of the five reels will turn “wild” for a set number of spins.
After each spin, players can elect to re-spin any of the five reels for an additional chance to win. Players should note that this feature will cost additional credits. The exact cost will depend on how likely it is for players to win a sizeable pay-out by spinning a given reel again.
Players landing three of more carrot symbols in any position on any reel will trigger the Madder Scientist Bonus Round. They must help the scientist to mix up a new concoction upon which to test on a carrot during this fun bonus feature. There are, of course, credit pay-outs aplenty too!
In addition to the game’s top jackpot-paying symbols, there are also those that award lower prizes. Like their higher value counterparts, these have been inspired by the scientist’s lab, and his experiments. Hitting five-of-a-kind of each will pay as follows:
- Test tubes = 100x the line bet.
- Cells under the microscope = 75x the line bet.
- Danger sign = 40x the line bet.
Players can adjust the number of win lines, the amount of coins bet on each, and the value of each coin played. This gives them the utmost control over how they disperse their bets on the Madder Scientist slot machine. The choice of active win lines is between one and 30 and the options for coin values are between 2p and £1. Finally, players can wager between one and five coins per line.
This means that the lowest possible bet per spin on Madder Scientist is just 2p. Meanwhile, the highest is a rather lacklustre £150. Whilst many players will find this more than acceptable, there will be some high rollers who think it to be overly limiting.
What We Think
All told, Madder Scientist is an excellent game from one of the industry’s leading developers. Thanks to its stellar animation and artwork, its exciting bonus features, and the overall atmosphere that the designers were able to create, it’s certainly one of our favourites.
Unfortunately, as with most BetSoft games, the only real caveat is the limits that are imposed on bet sizes. Most players will be perfectly content to play for less than £150 per spin but there are those who will find this figure too restrictive. These higher rollers would be better served elsewhere.